writings and illustrations

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Dear Dawnley,

Remember how we use to be pen pals? I am sort of thinking of this blog as a collection of letters... I always loved yours.

I want to share this picture with you. I'd never seen the painting until I found it in the MoMA (the New York Museum of Modern Art) last month. It's another Gustav Klimt. It brings back lovely memories of laying down in the grass at the park or on a front lawn and staring up at the light shifting through stained glass twigs and leaves. I am in love with trees. They are sturdy and romantic. In this painting I see them protecting me, chattering with me in all their flighty shades of green, and pointing out to me where the light is, when it's time for me to go.

Does it seem like anything special to you?

1 comment:

  1. Why Kirsten! I did not know this blog existed. What lovely musings you have!

    ReplyDelete